Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Working From Home Fashion

Fashion is quite the understatement because I have none of it.  Zero fashion sense.  I love shopping and lurking on fashion and beauty boards but I can't translate the styles to my every day life.  I work from home and don't even leave the house many days so it doesn't make sense for me to get all "dolled" up.  When I worked in an office, I always dressed up, did my hair and makeup.  Now?  I don't do my makeup unless it's a weekend and we are going somewhere.  I do get dressed but it's in jeans and not work slacks.  And my hair is typically in a ponytail.


I try not to look like a complete slouch but let's face it, my days are mostly spent in jeans.  I posted an outfit below that is very typical for me.  I own the boots in the picture as well as a similar leopard scarf and cardigan.

Like the pop of color?  Yeah, because no one want to wear just grey and black all the time.



Work style


H M v neck cardigan
$20 - hm.com


Rock republic
kohls.com


Steve Madden leather boots
piperlime.gap.com


Nelly Accessories leopard print scarve
$31 - nelly.com



I wear scarves a lot.  I own probably 10 different ones that I rotate out on a daily basis.  I also own a lot of cardigans and sweaters in neutral colors.  That allows me to mix and match my sweaters with fun accessories and shirts that are not boring (like the pink tank above).  

I do most of my shopping at Kohl's, Target and Old Navy.  I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes since I beat them up.  I get food on them, baby spit, baby poop (no, really), and all kinds of other stuff.  I need clothes that are washable and able to be tumble dried.  


If I find something I love, like the boots above, I will spend the money.  Those boots are so comfortable and worth the $90 I spent.  I wear them all the time and they are both diverse and classic.  I can wear them with dresses, leggings and jeans.

See?  No fashion sense at all.  But that's okay.  I am more interesting in other areas of my life, ha!

2 comments:

  1. Looks fashionable to me! Any tips on scarf wearing/tying? I tend not to buy scarves because I feel like I never know how to wear them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally wear this outfit! LOVE the color of the tank!

    ReplyDelete