Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things I Forgot

While watching a Baby Story today, I was reminded by some things I forgot about my labor/delivery.


* The nurse couldn't get my IV in. She kept trying for veins in my arm but none of them worked. Instead, I needed to get it in my hand which was absolutely no big deal. She kept apologizing.


* I had to wear these plastic weird compression stockings after my c-section to curb any blood clots in my legs. I remember that they were hot and I kept kicking my blanket off. The nurse finally figured it out and turned the fan in them on. Much better! They only stayed on for a few hours until I was able to get out of bed.


* I totally and completely forgot that Jack got a bath and diaper change in our recovery room until I was looking at the pictures the other day. There is a video too and he is screaming his little head off. How was I not hysterical over that?

* I ate a lot of my meals one handed. Do you realize how hard it is to eat cereal with one hand? I just couldn't put my baby down sometimes. I even cleaned my hospital room (yes, I cleaned) with one hand.

I am sure there are lots more things that I have forgotten. It's sad that so many details were forgotten so soon. I wanted to remember every detail of my birth story and I don't. I kick myself now that I wasn't blogging as I went, or that I didn't keep a notebook with some snippets.

No comments:

Post a Comment