Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dislike!

I posted many times during pregnancy about things I dislike. Well, being a new mom has brought a whole new crop of things I dislike. Here are just a smattering of them:

* When people compare my baby to their baby. It's even worse when these people's babies are old and grown up. Sorry, but when your baby was actually a baby the pilgrims were landing at Plymouth Rock. Don't compare Jack. He is his OWN person. Just because he isn't sleeping through the night/smiling/is constantly fussy/doesn't have a schedule, doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him.

* Leaking. It's embarrassing when it happens when you are visiting your coworkers at your place of employment. Thank God someone noticed and told me. It's annoying when you wake up in the middle of the night to pump and realize your bra is already soaked. That could be a whole ounce soaked into my stupid bra. Oh well, at least I don't have a supply issue right now.

* People who are holier-than-thou about breastfeeding. You are not a better person or a better mommy just because you breastfeed. This is coming from someone who does breastfeed. If you have read my earlier posts, you will realize that this is not something that is easy or that I particularly enjoy. If you choose to formula feed, go for it! I do not judge you. Heck, there are days I want to throw in the towel and do the same. I will never try and convince someone to breastfeed. It's a personal decision and other people need to butt the heck out.

* Disorganization. I am a very clean and organized person. Well, scratch that. WAS. I was a clean and organized person. I don't have time anymore. Yes, I could probably be vaccuuming right now instead of typing, but oh well. Being on the interwebs is sometimes the only thing that keeps me sane. I wish I had more time to clean and scrub my house. It's clean, just not as clean as I would like it. You probably don't want to eat off my kitchen floor right now, although my counters are fine.

* Pregnancy carpal tunnel. Apparently my body doesn't understand that I am no longer pregnant. I still have my carpal tunnel. Most days I am fine. Today, it sucks. I wish it would go away but until it does, you might notice more typos than normal.

To wrap up this wonderfully inspirational post, I will now post something that I love. I don't post nearly enough pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment