Friday, March 26, 2010

Eatin' and Pukin'

At the same time no less. I mean the title of my post. Yes, you read that correctly. Eating and puking at the same time. That's quite a feat!

Jack and I went to my Mamo's today for a visit and he was fussy during his regular time (6 to 8). During this time, I burp him a lot. He gets super gassy and very cranky. Plus, during this time he won't nurse. I think it's because he takes in a lot of air when he nurses. How this happens, I honestly don't know. The kid hardly is gassy when he has bottles, but when he nurses, it's another story.

He got a bottle around 6:30 and it was a 3 ounce meal. Not out of the ordinary. We left Mamo's around 7:45 and got home around 8:15. Plenty of time for his food to digest.

Since my kid eats almost every hour when he's awake, it was time to feed again. He was actually a little overdue. So I proceed to nurse him. It's past his fussy time so he will nurse again (weird, I know).

So he's nursing and then all of a sudden..................BLECH! He spit up all over me. All over my boob, all over his sleeper, all over the couch. My clothes were completely soaked. He was completely soaked. Poor buggy.

Who knew babies can spit up and eat at the same time? Not me!

My husband found this incredibly hilarious. So did Jack based on all the smiles he gave me when I changed him.

Oh lord. How could you not melt when you see this smile?


I guess his dinner wasn't digested after all. Either that or I burped and rocked him too much. He's fine now. He nursed later on and then promptly fell asleep.

Good times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment