Monday, January 24, 2011

First Weigh In

Today was my first weigh-in with Weight Watchers to see how my eating and tracking is going. I was very confident going in because I didn't have any slip-ups this week.

My stats:

-3.2 pounds
Current weight 202.6

I decided that my extra PointsPlus that I am alotted every week is going towards things I enjoy, not just mindless eating. For example, I love flavored creamer in my coffee and these awesome chocolate donuts at Starbucks. Those are big treats for me, but I will plan my week and if I stay on track, I am able to indulge in these items a little.

Another trick that works well for me is to plan, plan, plan! I always plan my day of eating the night before and that way, I don't have any surprises.

My final trick to share is to cook in bulk. This weekend, I made a big batch of soup, a pot of whole wheat pasta and sauce, and cooked some chicken. This will get me through the week for many lunches and dinners. All I have to do is pop my pre-portioned meal into the microwave, and I have a hot dinner. This is a big deal for me since most of my meals are eaten one-handed or after the baby has gone to bed. I am trying to make a point of eating a meal every night, even if that means Jack has to play by himself or fuss for a few minutes.

Here's to another great week!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/25/2011

    Great job! I started calorie counting at the beginning of the month, and I have lost 12 lbs! I am not doing the points thing because I don't have a weight watchers book and don't want to pay to join. Will you ever have to lower your daily points? My calories lowered today since I have lost over 10 and I was so sad :(

    ReplyDelete