Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Miss My Boy

It's funny how things work. I sometimes wish for a full night of sleep without having to tend to Jack, but when I have that full night, I miss him.

Last night, my in-laws took Jack overnight. Jason and I celebrated my birthday with dinner out and then a night at home. I chose to take a bath with a magazine and turn in. I went to bed late (for me at least) in the hopes that I would fall asleep and sleep through the night. I mostly did. I woke up at 2:00 and 6:00 feeling extremely refreshed! To take full advantage of my situation, I went back to sleep and woke up for good at 7:45. Hello almost 10 hours of sleep!

But I am in a predicament. I miss Jack. I will be picking him up a little early today so we can play and I can get my snuggles in.

I missed him last night. He might wake up several times a night, but that's fine. He is only going to be a baby for a short time and I need to enjoy what little time we have left. We plan on transitioning him to his crib soon, so being in the moment is definitely important. I miss how he snuggles into me at night. I miss how he puts his arm on my neck when we are sleeping. He can't sleep unless he is touching me in some way. Knowing that I am right next to him is comforting to him.

I pray that he had a good night last night, and I hope Nana got some rest too.

No comments:

Post a Comment