Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not Being Dumped

Just an update to my childcare provider post. Karen is not trying to dump Jack.

After a good conversation with my counselor (which involved the doormat topic, worrying about what others think of me and not wanting to insult others), she gave me some tools to bring up my concerns to Karen is a very non-offensive way.

Here is how the conversation with Karen went:

Me: I have been meaning to check in with you about how you feel everything is going. Do you think watching Jack is still a good fit for you? Do you need anything from me?

Karen: Yes, I think this is a good fit.

Pause. Pause. Pause.

Karen: Do YOU think this is a good fit?

Me: I do. Jack is really happy here. He's well taken care of and I know that he loves playing with your boys.

So there you have it. I think my question caught her off guard, hence the reason for the pause.

All is well and now I can stop worrying. I should post a whole topic about my Worry Box another time. It's an assignment from counseling. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment