Saturday, June 27, 2009

Houston, We Have a Heartbeat!

Yesterday was a roller coaster day. I started out the day nervous and feeling very anxious. My first appointment with the OB was at 1:30, so I had to last half of the day at work and then head to my appointment.

Thank God my husband was with me. I would have been either biting all my fingernails off or throwing up if I had to go alone. He held my hand in the waiting room and in the ultrasound room.

The last time I had an ultrasound that was hunting for a baby, all I saw was an empty sac. I knew immediately that something was wrong. This time, I saw the sac and something in the sac! My heard was overjoyed. What was even better was that we got to see it's tiny heartbeat flickering away. That was the coolest thing I have ever seen. The ultrasound tech turned on the sound for a couple of seconds and we got to hear our baby's heartbeat!

I can't explain what an amazing experience that was! My husband got a little misty-eyed. I love him so much. I love that he's emotional and caring. After I made the ultrasound tech confirm there was only one baby with a heartrate of 153 beats per minute, we went and talked with my doctor. He seemed surprised to see us for some reason. His comment was "you didn't waste any time!". Ummmmm, actually, it has been a year since I got pregnant the last time Mr. Man.

So, the only bummer of the day, and trust me, this is so not that huge of a deal, is that we have decided not to go to Jamaica in December. I would be 31 to 32 weeks along and the thought of taking that long of a flight scares me. My OB was perfectly fine with it, however, he did tell us the risks. Delivering at 32 weeks in a foreign country and blood clots.

This is another reason why I love my husband: His comment to me in the car was "It's just not worth the risks". I love that man. I thought he would be so disappointed. We have been planning this trip for a year. We are only out our $400 deposit, so that's not that big of a deal.

It was a great day. We spent the rest of the day celebrating by going out to dinner with my in-laws. My mother-in-law is thrilled beyond belief. Now I know where her son gets his emotions and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment