Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Husband

I want to do a full post devoted to Jason, my husband. He is probably the funniest person I know. The first time I got pregnant, I told him in a really fun, cute way. This time however, I was so shocked that the situation went something like this:

::Rachel runs into the bedroom holding two pregnancy tests and rouses Jason from a deep sleep:

R: "Uhhh, I'm pregnant. And FREAKING OUT! I went drinking last night!"
J: "You're pregnant huh? Cool."

::Jason then rolls over and goes back to sleep::

Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better reaction. It was perfectly Jason. Calm, cool, no drama Jason.

When he gets up from sleeping, what does he do? Rubs my belly and says "So we're pregnant huh?". My reply "Yes, we are pregnant, now stop rubbing my fat". Typical response from me.

Every day since then, he asks me the typical guy questions.

1. How are you feeling? (tired, hungry and crampy)
2. What's wrong? (when he sees me looking like a zombie)
3. Can I get you anything (I am sure that novelty will wear off soon)

I love my husband. I truly do. He's so cute in relation to this pregnancy stuff. I love that he asks me if he can get me anything. My answer is always no but I may have to take him up on it.

He did do one slightly annoying thing to me the other night. He woke ME up out of a deep sleep (payback probably) to ask me: "Can I eat your leftover Pad Thai?". Ummmm, yes honey. "Are you sure?" YES HONEY, eat the damn Pad Thai and let me go back to sleep.

Don't mess with a pregnant lady and her sleep (see question number 1 above).

No comments:

Post a Comment