Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Morning Sickness

I has it. Granted, it's not terrible. Yet. I woke up on Sunday feeling slightly hungover. I thought it was from my lack of sleep and eating three pieces of pepperoni stuffed crust pizza, but alas it wasn't. I felt queasy and uncomfortable for most of the day. Food didn't sound good. Sleep sounded good, but I had just woken up. I took a hot shower and literally changed back into my pajamas. My poor husband probably thinks I am a total bum.

The morning sickness lasted most of the day, and I have to say, whoever called it "morning" sickness is on crack. It isn't just in the morning. Mine lasts all day. Again, it's not bad. I can't imagine those poor women that feel awful and throw up all the time. How miserable. I sincerely hope I don't turn into one of them. Kudos to you ladies! I don't know how you do it. I wouldn't be able to go one stinkin' day living like that.

What is bizarre to me is going from being ravenously hungry all the time and thinking of nothing BUT food to not wanting any food at all. Literally no food sounds good. Nothing. Not even my favorite thing on God's planet: The family spaghetti sauce. The thought of it almost makes me want to gag. My husband text messaged me earlier today and said "I made meatloaf last night, feel free to have some". Uhhhh, no. I opened the refrigerator door, took one whif and almost passed out. There will be no meatloaf for me. EVER! Or at least for the next nine months.

I stared at my lunch on my desk at work today in horror. How was I ever going to eat THAT?! It looked disgusting and smelled even more disgusting, but since I was hungry and know I have to eat, I choked it down. Once you get started and take a bite, it doesn't taste so bad. I really hope this doesn't last because I was eating so healthy and now I am eating like crap.

On a good note, I will take the morning sickness as a very good sign. If this baby wasn't growing and sucking nutrients from me, I probably wouldn't be sick. Right? At least that is what I am telling myself.

Today, I am 6 weeks pregnant and my baby is the size of a sweet pea. How cute is that? It's amazing to me that a sweet pea takes so much energy and can make mommy so queasy. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment