Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some Background

I decided to start this blog as a way to express, in writing, how my pregnancy is going. Now, based on my past history, it might be that this blog is only active for a few weeks. When I say "past history" I mean that for the last 18 months, my husband and I have been trying to have a baby. We were successful in June of 2008, but sadly, I miscarried that baby the day before my husband's birthday in July. A whole separate entry would be needed for the aftermath of my miscarriage. It was truly the most painful, emotional time in my life. I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on my worst enemy.

After getting the green light from my doctor to try again, I started getting frustrated when nothing was happening. I realize that it can take a healthy couple a year to get pregnant, but I don't consider myself healthy. I have a lot of funky stuff going on in the woman region. That's neither here nor there. So, nine months later and still not pregnant. I decided to call a new doctor to discuss my "issues" going on with my body. I will not disgust you with the disgusting-ness of my "issues".

The very next day after I called the new doctor to schedule a second opinion appointment, guess what? Pregnant! PREGNANT! Hopefully this one will stick around for more than ten weeks.

So what was my immediate reaction? Panic. Why do you ask? I had gone out drinking the night before with some girlfriends. I just knew I wasn't pregnant, so a few drinks can't possibly hurt. The next morning when I took a test for sh*ts and giggles, I was shocked. So shocked that I had to take two more tests to be absolutely certain. I could kick myself now for drinking the night before knowing that I was pregnant. I know you don't share nutrients with the baby right away and yada yada. Here's the kicker: I drink MAYBE twice a year. Hardly ever.

So, there's the background. Our journey in a nutshell. Of course, there is so much more detail around it, but I am too tired and lazy to type it all out. I attribute that to the fact that I am four weeks pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment