Thursday, June 4, 2009

Weight Rant

I chat on an internet forum (I won't name it here to keep the innocent that way) and lately, there is a huge debate going on about weight. Now, I am not a skinny girl to begin with. I could have stood to lose another 20 pounds before I got pregnant, but I am going to step on my soapbox for a few minutes.

You are pregnant. Now is not the time for dieting. However, this doesn't mean that you should pig out and indulge in McDonald's every day either. Eat healthy and get some exercise (if you can). That's it! End of story. I have been eating very very healthy, but I am also not going to deny myself a craving every now and then. I am not saying that I am going to eat 6 cupcakes in one sitting, but if I feel like a damn cupcake, then I am going to eat that cupcake.

I am so sick of hearing ladies talk about how they only ate lettuce and water today. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but still. That can't be healthy. According to another website I joined, as a pregnant woman, you should be eating around 2200 calories a day, or slightly less if you are overweight.

This debate seems to go on every.single.day on that internet forum. One person speaks up and says "Pregnancy is not an excuse to let yourself go". I agree with that. Then another person states "Cherish this time and don't deny yourself the foods you want". I agree with that also. There is a balance. Each individual person needs to find that balance. I personally am okay with gaining 20 pounds during this pregnancy. Some women would panic at that thought.

Like I said before, I could stand to lose another 20 pounds, but that isn't happening. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I discontinued my Weight Watchers online subscription (I had recently lost about 20 pounds) and I am okay with that. I can always come back to Weight Watchers after I deliver. I will not die.

::Steps off soapbox::

Now, where is that cupcake.

I kid, I kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment