Saturday, January 16, 2010

36 Weeks

I can't believe that theoretically, I have about a month to go. That doesn't sound like much time at all. I remember back when we were getting married, a month sounded like an eternity, but it really flew by. I expect the next month to fly by.

I had my 36 week doctor's appointment yesterday. At this point, I am going in weekly. My doctor was on vacation so I saw a new doctor, which was perfectly fine. She was very nice. The only awkward thing was that I had never met her before and she ended up doing an internal and group B Strep test. Fun! "Hi, nice to meet you, feel free to poke around in my lady bits".

Now, before my appointment, I need to um.....groom myself. If you have ever been pregnant, you will understand that this is difficult. You have a belly in the way and it's impossible to see what you are doing. I kind of go in blindly, hope I don't slice any sensitive bits and rely on a mirror to see if it's even. Well, this was me yesterday morning. Thankfully, all is well and I can report that I went to my appointment, the bits were all in tact and I didn't feel like a hairy disgusting beast at my appointment.

Here was the appointment in a nutshell: Pee in a cup, weight (ugh), Group B Strep test in both the vagina and rectum (gross), internal exam to check the cervix (I am not dilated, yay!), look for the baby's heartbeat, feel for his head, concern about water retention and lab work.

The doctor couldn't find his head (isn't that a pretty important body part?) so she wheeled in the ultrasound machine. I wish she had looked for longer because I would have loved to see his little face. She literally turned it on, checked, found that he was head down and turned off the machine. I only got to see the top of his head. Bummer. He is head down, which he has been since probably about 28 weeks. Now, let's hope the little bugger doesn't flip to breech.

I asked the doctor about my Barney Rubble feet and my severe itchiness. I could literally itch my skin off my feet, hands and legs if given the opportunity. She think it's probably from the intense swelling, but she sent me to the lab just to make sure. I had a liver and kidney panel run to make sure that my levels were all okay. I am sure I am fine. After all, my feet are so swollen that I can't wear any of my shoes. I honestly cannot find my ankle bones anymore.

So all kinds of pokes and prods at my appointment yesterday. Fun times! Baby Walter is well, I am well for the most part (I just wish I could wear shoes) and I have about a month to go. Eeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment