Thursday, January 28, 2010

Outside Baby Please!

I would like to preface this post by saying that of course, I want my baby to be perfectly healthy and because of that, I will hold out for another two (or three weeks) to make sure that he is. So no complaints about how I want my baby to come early. If you have ever been pregnant, I am sure you will understand the point of this post.

I am miserable. Seriously. I do not feel good at all. Not that my pregnancy has been a joy to begin with, but as it gets closer and closer to the end, I feel more and more gross. Tonight for example: My belly is so rock hard (I assume because of Braxton Hicks contractions) that it literally hurts. Every time this little guy moves, he bumps against my cervix and that hurts. I can't breathe, can't eat a lot because of severe stomach shrinkage and heartburn.

He is running out of room, that is evident. Evident from the way my lopsided belly looks, evident from the comments from my coworkers ("Oh my God, you are huge!"), evident by the way mommy feels in general.

It is getting very hard for me to walk. I don't think I have dropped yet and I haven't lost my mucous plug (ew!) so I don't think labor is coming any time soon. I can't walk because I have a 7.5-8.5 pound baby resting on my cervix. I can't walk because my feet are so swollen and painful that it hurts every step I take. I can't walk because my lungs are so squished that I pant and have to stop every third step.

I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 38 week appointment and I am hoping and praying for SOME progress. Something. Even a little effacement or dilation. I have a feeling I am going to be disappointed however. So I just need to be prepared for that.

I keep hoping that all my little symptoms are labor symptoms. I woke up last night feeling very crampy. So much so that it honestly felt like I was getting my period. Even though I know that's not possible, that is exactly what it felt like. I got out of bed and started pacing around the house like a lion because it was pretty uncomfortable. I was hoping and praying that labor was starting, but alas, here I sit.

Sometimes the pain and pressure are so bad that it takes my breath away and all I can do is sit out the pain and just breathe. I guess it's good practice for when I go into labor. As I type, he is resting on my cervix. Every little shift is like a lightning bolt of pain.

My coworker, who is due the day after me is currently at the hospital having her baby and I am very jealous. I have another two weeks to go. Again, I want el bambino to be healthy. So, I will tough it out. But honestly, I want an outside baby!

Should I resort to all the old wive's tales and start labor? I am torn because again, he will come when he is ready and I am afraid to force anything that isn't supposed to be. I do have a couple of recipes that are "sure fire labor starters". My husband has a friend who has a spaghetti recipe that induces labor and there is a cookie recipe I want to try. And of course there is always sex (unlikely to happen) and tons of walking.

I love you little Jack and hope you come soon! But don't come until you are healthy! Your daddy and I can't wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment