Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Feet

No, not the movie, although that would be a much more pleasant post. I am talking about my actual feet.

Pregnant feet are not pretty. Correction: 38 week pregnant feet are not pretty. For the past three weeks, I haven't been able to recognize my feet. They have gotten so incredibly swollen. The swelling started with my hands and quickly moved to my feet. I have nicknamed them my Barney Rubble feet. You know, the kind where they look like one big indistinguishable lump? That's me!

I had to buy new shoes. That was hard. I always thought I would continue to wear cute heels until I deliver. Well, I still would be if I could fit into any of my heels. I can usually squeeze them on my feet, but after a few minutes, they look just gross. Like muffin top, but with shoes if that's even possible. My comfy running shoes were even getting tight, so I bought new shoes. I didn't spend a lot because the thought of spending a lot of money on shoes that I would only wear for less than a month was not appealing. Thankfully, I found two pairs at Target and spent $20 on both pairs (yay for clearance). Are they cute? Not really. But they fit. Here's the sad part: They are a whole size bigger than what I normally wear and they are still sometimes tight.

Sad sad sad. Enter today. My wonderful mother-in-law bought me a gift certificate to get a manicure and pedicure for Christmas. I haven't had the time to go but today, I made the effort. As soon as I logged off from work, I went to the nail place. Can I tell you how wonderful it felt to have my feet rubbed? Holy hell, if I could go in there every day, I would. Sadly, my wallet wouldn't like me very much.

I still have disgusting, swollen feet but hey, at least they are painted cute! I am forewarning you. If you get grossed out easily, don't scroll down.

Really, don't say I didn't warn you.


-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Last chance!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Here they are in all their swollen glory! Barney Rubble feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment