Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2 Month Appointment

Jack had his two month appointment yesterday (where has the time gone?) and he did great! I was nervous because right after his appointment, I had to go to class. That meant that whoever was watching him would have to soothe him if he was hurting.

The pediatrician was running late, so after Jack was weighed and measured, we had to wait for a while. I felt bad about this because he was only in a diaper and cold. Even though he had a blanket on and I was snuggling him, he was getting cranky.

Jack weighs 12.1 pounds (50th percentile) and is 23.25 inches long (94th percentile). We are going to have a tall little dude! He grew almost 3 inches in the last 6 weeks alone. I have been concerned about his weight gain. In the beginning, he gained like crazy, but now it's leveling off. This makes me wonder if he's getting enough to eat. The pedi wasn't concerned, so I will try not to be also.

The time came for his shots. He got one oral medication and then the nurse gave the wee one three shots. I was holding his feet down and even though the nurse said not to look in his eyes, I did. He did great! He didn't cry until he realized I was holding him down. Then he let out one angry scream and it was over. I picked him up and he was fine! He even fell asleep in the car on the way to Nana's house.

During class, I called Nana to see how Jack was doing. I could hear him on the phone and he wasn't happy. It was his fussy time, but I could tell it wasn't his usual cry. He was hurting, poor baby! He got some Tylenol and then was much better. He slept most of the night even after I picked him up.

Fast forward to this morning. I was sleeping while Jason was watching Jack. I planned on sleeping until about 6:00 am but I woke up sooner. I could hear Jack crying and it was a very distressed cry. Jason was changing him and his poor little legs hurt. I felt awful. I went into his room and cried along with my baby while Daddy tried zipping his sleeper back up. Besides being in pain, he was awfully hungry too.

It's now 7:45 and he's sleeping again. He got another dose of Tylenol so he should feel okay for a while. I am not looking forward to this day. I hate when my baby is uncomfortable. I hope I can get a second cup of coffee in me so I am alert and ready to face my sore baby.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know I gave you a blog award! Go to: to get it!