Jack, you are two months old today! Every day, I just can't believe how much you have grown. Like I said last month, I swear we were just taking you home from the hospital. Motherhood is so incredibly hard, but it's worth it. Here are some things about you:
* You are smiling SO much! That picture above is you on your changing table. That is where we get the most smiles. I am not sure if it's because you are happy to be changed or you just love to play with Mommy. When you are on the floor on your back, your kick your little legs and just grin if I smile at you.
* You are doing really great with eating. Mommy is having some problems, but you are taking them in stride. You still eat every hour to hour and a half (except at night), but that's okay. You don't eat for very long. Maybe five minutes at a time. This might make it hard when I go back to work, but for now, I don't mind.
* You talk a lot. I think you get that from me. You have such a sweet little voice too. Grammy says it's "sing-song'y", which is just fine with me. It melts my heart when I hear you coo and carry on a conversation, even if it's with the animals on your play mat.
* You don't sleep through the night yet, but secretly, I am okay with this. You are on your own schedule and since Daddy takes care of you during the night, I am not stressing. You typically sleep for 2 to 3 hour stretches at a time which is great! One night, you scared Mommy and Daddy half to death when you slept for 6 HOURS! We kept checking on you to make sure you were still breathing.
* 3 month sized clothes fit you really well. 0-3 month is a wee bit tight, so we will have to retire your fuzzy dinosaur sleeper here soon. Your little legs are super duper long which is why the smaller size doesn't work. Mommy put you in an outfit from cousin Greyson and your little legs are so long that they stuck out the bottom. It looked silly so we needed to change you.
* You are filling out quite nicely. You are getting little fat rolls on your legs! Your fingers are still long but they are starting to plump up too. I love chubby babies and I hope that you keep gaining. At last weigh-in, you were 11 pounds and 13 ounces. I will find out officially what you weigh at your pediatrician appointment on Tuesday.
* Your hair is finally starting to grow back on the top of your head. I really hope that it all comes back. Babies with lots of hair are cute!
* You have a fussy time every night. Your gas catches up with you and you are really cranky and uncomfortable between 6:00 and 8:00pm. I have to constantly bounce, rock, and burp you. Poor little guy. Your little tummy gets so upset.
* You seem to like your bath more and more. Mommy and you take a bath together every Wednesday and on Sundays, you get a baby tub bath. Daddy is able to bathe you that way. We don't want him to miss out! I think you like the big tub bath with Mommy because you are able to stay in the warm water longer. You kick your little legs and splash all around while Mommy holds you.
I love you little man. You are definitely a handful and full of surprises but worth it!