Monday, April 12, 2010

A Day Away

On Saturday, the wee one went over to my in-laws for the day. My mother-in-law, God bless her, offered to take Jack a few days back. She knows how stressed I have been about getting my senior paper done for school, among other things. She understands how it's hard to get anything done around the house when you have a baby that consumes pretty much your every waking moment.

I was hesitant to leave him all day, but I knew he would be in good hands. Lynn is wonderful with him and she loves to spend time with him.

Jack left the house at 10:45 and I quickly grabbed a bite to eat and then took a very long, luxurious shower. I shaved things that haven't been shaved in weeks. I took time to lather and wash my hair. It was heaven. I even put on makeup and blow-dried my hair. I usually let it air dry since the blowdryer is not high on my priority list these days.

After my lovely shower, I drove to Starbucks, grabbed a highly fattening beverage plus a cookie for later (hey, I am breastfeeding, back off!). Then I stood in line forever at the blasted post office. Seriously, that took so much of my afternoon that I have to mention it.

The husband and I went appliance shopping in the afternoon and then to Best Buy. Then guess what we did? We had a sit-down meal. Together. Without the baby. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was very much enjoyed. It's been a long time since Jason and I had some quality alone time. Yes, it was spent running errands, but it was still awesome.

We ended up picking up Jack at 6:00. He did great for Nana Lynn. He wasn't fussy at all and even was a good boy and took a couple of naps!

So the original intent of Jack spending the day away was for me to work on my paper. Did I? Nope. Oh well. At least I enjoyed my day. I can do my paper some other time. Having ME time is more important than graduating. I am only slightly kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment