Tuesday, August 16, 2011

18 Month Appointment

Yesterday was Jack's 18 month well baby check. Not only did he do great but the appointment reassured me that I am doing something right.

His stats:

34 inches (90th percentile)
25.8 pounds (48th percentile)

His pedi was pleased with his speech and how many words he is saying. She said that anything between 4 and 20 words at his age is perfect. Jack is at the high end of that range so I can stop worrying. His speech was the only thing that I was concerned about, mainly because he doesn't pronounce words correctly all the time.

Despite the long wait at the doctor, Jack was in good spirits. He was interested in all the things the doctor and nurse were doing. This is the first time that he didn't cry when they checked his ears or put the tongue depressor in his mouth. His tubes look good and are placed correctly with no sign of infection.

We have a healthy boy! That was pretty evident while watching him climb the play structure and interact with the other children. He is such a ham and is starting to really imitate others. When one child would yell or screech, Jack would do the same. While annoying, I consider that a learning milestone so I am happy when he does stuff like that.

He received two booster shots and I am not sure if it was the shots or just being tired, but my child slept from 7:15 to 3:00 without waking up! I am sure this trend won't continue and I am certainly not taking it for granted but boy was it nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment