Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day One

Yesterday Jack and I went by our house to see the progress of the demo. He was super cranky after I woke him up from a nap at the sitter's house. He didn't calm down or stop crying until we got to the house and he got to explore the chaos. Don't worry, I didn't let him play with nails or eat anything toxic.

I get giddy just looking at these pictures. It's fun to watch a job in progress and dream about what it's going to look like when it's complete.



Look at this bathroom! Half of the burgundy wall tile is gone. I saved a piece, because I am weird like ,that, as memorabilia. Maybe I will frame it to show just how far we have come with this house.

Does anyone know what this box in the bathroom is? I didn't inspect it too carefully but it looks like an electrical box of some sort.




Down to the studs! Currently our toilet and pedastal sink are sitting in our living room. Classy right?

There isn't much going on in our bedroom yet. The baseboards and window trim are gone. Since there wasn't any carpet to rip up there won't be a whole lot to show here.


The living room. Look! The wall heater is gone. Jack had a blast exploring and playing with the stuff on the floor. Apparently he had thrown a Spongebob toy in the wall heater because he found one on the ground.


Another shot of the living room and hallway. I can't believe how much space was made just by removing that wall heater. Look! There's Jack running through the house!


I love this shot of our toilet sitting in the living room next to where the wall heater used to be.

One more shot of the living room with the window trim gone.


The backdoor. The door trim is gone. All of the baseboards and trim/moulding are being replaced so they match and don't look so old and beat up.



I can't wait to see what today brings. I have a feeling the carpet will be gone and possibly some stuff in the kitchen like the backsplash and countertops. I will be curious to see what condition our hardwood floor is under the carpet. If it's in good shape, I will feel bad about laying new floor over the original oak flooring, but again, because of budget we couldn't justify paying a few extra thousand dollars to have it refinished.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I love watching the progress on things like this!

    ReplyDelete