Monday, August 22, 2011

A Sleep Update

Because sleep is important to me and it's been about 2 years since I got a full night of uninterrupted sleep, it's time again for a sleep post.


Jack's sleep has gotten significantly better. Ever since I started putting him down at night awake but drowsy, he has been putting himself to sleep. There are some nights when he cries and I have to go into his room to comfort him or I have to pick him back up and rock him again or give him more milk, these times are growing less and less. I am still waiting for the magical night where he sleeps through the night. Granted, my husband usually takes over the night time shift, but I still hear every little noise in our tiny house so I wake up too.


The past few weeks, Jack has been waking up about 2 to 3 times a night. Last night? He didn't wake up at all. Wait, what? I should count this as sleeping through the night but since he was dead dog tired, I don't. I think it was probably a fluke. Let's see if it he does it again tonight. If he does, then I will officially say he is sleeping through the night.


When he does wake up at night, it's generally after about 5 or 6 hours of solid sleep. He goes to bed at 7:00 and generally wakes up around 1:00 or 2:00. My husband usually goes in and gives him a hug and Jack lays right back down and goes to sleep again. I think he just needs reassurance that someone else is still in the house. Or maybe he just needs a hug. We are very lucky that usually he just needs a hug and goes right back to sleep. I know some parents have to rock or nurse or feed their kiddos back to sleep.


Now that I have posted about Jack's apparent good sleep these days, tonight he is going to sleep rotten. Cross your fingers that I am wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Mt fingers are crossed for you! Hoping this is the beginning of a new Era!

    ReplyDelete