Monday, August 1, 2011

Mish Mash

I am not sure why but every time I type that title, I think of the giant in the Mickey Mouse version of Jack and the Beanstalk. He pronounces pistachios like "mishmashmios". Meh, I am weird.

* Our weekend was awesomely busy. Being that I work from home now, I get a wee bit stir crazy during the week. To counteract it, I like to go out and do "stuff" during the weekend. This weekend, we did the following: Went to the farmers market, got Jason a new phone, went to Target and Kmart in search of a play structure but settled on a pool, went to Enchanted Playhouse so Jack could burn off some energy, went to Ikea to get my new desk and chair and then out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings.

* Jack has been sleeping pretty good the past two months. He still wakes about 3-4 times a night but he has been sleeping exclusively in his own crib. Last night was a different story. He must have had an upset stomach because Jason or I had to hold him the entire night. He was screaming and crying and obviously wasn't feeling good. Jason sat with him on the couch, I sat with him on the couch and then finally, I brought him to bed with me at 3:30 where he passed out cold. Poor guy.

* I am almost 16 weeks and officially wearing maternity pants. I was able to squeak by with my other jeans, but now the bellah is a little too poofy to be able to do that. Jason took a picture of me last night and I look more pregnant at 16 weeks with this baby then I did with Jack at 23 weeks. Yikes!

* We are going cloth with this next baby and I am overwhelmed. It's so so so overwhelming to know which diapers to buy, but we are starting out with pockets. So far I have purchased a Fuzzibunz and a Flip. Thanks to Erin's awesome posts about cloth diapers, I am really doing my homework. I want to get about 8 more covers and 20 inserts before the baby comes. I also have a diaper pail liner bookmarked on Amazon that comes with a wet bag. And I also need to get a sprayer to clean the poo. Seriously, I am a smart person, why am I so overwhelmed?

* Want to see my fancy new desk? It's not really fancy, but it's better than what I use right now (the couch. No, seriously). It fits just right in the spot we are putting it in temporarily, which is great. Our house is getting quite cramped. I will be so so so glad to move to a bigger place whenever that is.
* I made the tastiest corn chowder in the crock pot this weekend. Paired with a ham and a crusty baguette from the farmers market, I was in heaven. I didn't take a picture since it just looked like a big bowl of yellow, but the recipe is here. My Memere used to make the best corn chowder so this dinner reminded me of her. I miss you Memere!

* Next weekend I am going to cook dinner both nights. One night I will be making a white trash casserole. You will have to stay tuned for why I say it's white trash. The other night I will be making spaghetti pie which is a favorite in our house.

* Can I say how excited I am for some upcoming outings? On the 21st of August our family is going to Enchanted Forest for a play day. My cousin's daughter Hazel (who is almost 2) will be there as well as Jack and everyone in my aunt's family. So fun! And my sister and I are heading to the State Fair at the end of the month. It will be Jack's first time and I am thinking he will love the animals.

To end this post, here is a video of Jack in the bouncy castle at Enchanted Playhouse this weekend. He had such a good time!


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/01/2011

    I recently did a blog post about CDing for my friends who are interested. You should check it out!
    http://melissasimplelife.blogspot.com/2011/07/cloth-diapering-for-beginners.html

    I hear you about running out of space. Rowan is just 8 months and I feel cramped!

    ReplyDelete