Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jack is 18 Months

I have a baby that has gone from this:

To this:

I love this picture because it shows just how active he is all the time and that face is priceless. He smirks a lot which usually means he is up to no good.

What Jack is up to at a year-and-a-half:

* He is active. Moving all the time. He is still not the type of kiddo that sits and plays with toys. Instead, he is much more interested in running, climbing, getting into things, climbing some more and jumping. I keep thinking he will surprise me one day and just sit and play.

* One of the only times he is quiet is when I am reading to him. He will often go get his favorite book (First 100 Words) that has pictures in it. He will turn the pages and ask "Dat?" while I tell him what each object is. He can identify almost every picture in the book if you just ask him where xxxxxx is. It's so cute to see his brain working.

* We have a picky eater. While he has his favorites and will eat readily when they are served, he doesn't much like trying new foods. Right now, and these change on a daily basis, your favorites are any kind of fruit, especially pears, ravioli, spaghetti, and Crunchin' Crackers.

* You sleep exclusively in your crib now (Halleluah!). You still wake up about 3 times a night but at least you are sleeping in your own bed. This has been a life saver for mom. She gets better sleep and even if you don't want to admit it, so do you. You go to sleep around 7:00 and wake up around 6:00. Dad still brings you to bed with him for an hour in the morning while I shower, but that is just fine with me.

* You have a pediatrician appointment on the 15th, but I swear, you have grown in height and weight. I kept telling Daddy that I didn't think you are heavier but the last few days it's been harder for me to carry you so I bet you have put on a pound or two. Your 18 month clothes, which were too big for you a month ago, are fitting you just right now. You wear 18 month clothes and size 4 diapers.

* The absolute favorite thing of your's is to play outside. It doesn't matter if all you do is pick up rocks and sticks. You are definitely an outside boy! We have a small pool in the backyard for you to splash in but you are more interested in just running around and exploring. If I try to bring you back into the house you usually will throw a tantrum.

* Sesame Street has become your favorite show. It used to be Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but lately, you are much more interested in Sesame. You especially love Elmo and Monster Clubhouse. I don't think I have seen you so entranced in anything!

* We are working on identifying body parts. You know eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head, feet, belly, belly button, bottom and a couple more. Even though you can't say them, you definitely know what they are.

* Speaking of words, you say about 15 different words consistently. I have just recently discovered that your paci is called "Bah". Not sure where that came from, but if you say "Bah" it means you either want a bottle or your paci. We are trying to wean you off both though, much to your dismay.

I am sure I am forgetting to put some important things in here but you are growing so much that it's hard to remember everything! You continually surprise us with just how much you know. Every day it's something new and we get overjoyed to see your brain working!

You are loved by all buddy. Keep up the learning and growing! You have a little brother or sister that is going to be looking up to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment